General Render Tips
- Disable sunlight when rendering underground scenes or indoor scenes where
there is no visible natural light. This will increase the average number of
Samples Per Second (SPS) rendered.
- Disable emitters to greatly decrease the required render time. This however
disables all light emitting blocks such as torches, lava etc.
- Disable gamma correction during long renders to speed up the rendering
process. When the image starts to get finished gamma correction can be
re-enabled again without losing progress. Also, hide the Render Preview
Window during renders to speed up overall render time.
This issue is mostly fixed as of Chunky 2.3.0.
- Increase the Ray Depth if you have a scene with many transparent or shiny
- The rendering technique used in Chunky (Path Tracing) is very CPU intensive.
Therefore, to maximize the speed and efficiency of a render, all CPU threads
should be utilized at 100%. If you would like to run Chunky in the
background, you can adjust how much CPU is allocated to Chunky. Visit the
Advanced Render Controls page for more information on how to do this.