Chunky 2 is being developed to support Minecraft 1.13 and beyond. With Chunky
2, the whole block handling system is redesigned to handle the new world
format used by Minecraft 1.13+. Chunky 2 does not load pre-1.13 worlds or
scenes created with Chunky 1.4.X.
To get the latest release please follow the button/link below.
Minecraft 1.13 or newer
- New single-window interface using a new dark theme.
- Custom themes can be added by adding a stylesheet in the settings directory.
- Support for Minecraft 1.13, 1.14, 1.15, and 1.16 (see a list of supported blocks here).
- A large part of Chunky internals were redesigned (including plugin API).
- Numerous other improvements
- Rendering speed is lower overall and in particular with water.
- Pre-1.13 chunks are not loaded (shown with an error icon in the 2D map).
- Minecraft 1.13 worlds can contain pre-1.13 chunks and need to be converted
for Chunky 2 to load them.
NOTE - Worlds made with Spigot, or similar, may not convert automatically and would require manual exploration to function correctly.